Earth, Moon & Sun Calendar
Metric Review Quiz
Untamed Science Video "Phases of the Moon"
Book Pages 2-7
"The Sky from Earth" Activity
Book Pages 8&9
Chapter 1.1 Assignment Packet (Grade in-class)
Chapter 1.1 Quiz
What Causes Day and Night Activity
Rotation and Revolution Video Clip
Book Pages 10-13
Bill Nye: The Seasons Video (VHS)
Earth's Seasons ws
Grade Earth Seasons WS
Book Pages 14-17
Chapter 1.2 Assignment Packet
Grade Chapter 1.2 Assignment Packet
Flashlight Demo Activity
No School Labor Day
Book Pages 18 & 19
Weight Vs. Mass iPad App Activity
Book Pages 20 & 21
Chapter 1.3 Assignment Packet
What's Doing the Pulling Actvitiy
Grade 1.3 Assignment Packet
Bill Nye: Moon Phases Video (VHS)
Phases of the Moon Song
Book Pages 22-24
Moon Phases Interactive Lecture and Notes
Assignment - Phases and Eclipses - 1.4
Book Pages 25-27
Grade WS 1.4
Moon Pop Activity and WS
Moon Phase Stud Cards
When the sun Goes Dark (Online)
(After School Conferences)
No School - All Day Conferences
Tides and Earth's Moons WS 1.5, 1.6, gade in-class
Book Pages 28-30, 32-34
Quizzes 1.5 & 1.6
Moon Review Video Clip (needs linked still)
Chapter 1 Review Book Pages: 36-39, grade in-class
Chapter 1 Test Study Guide (homework)
Meteoroid Madness Review for Chapter 1 Test
Chapter 1 Test
Book Page 74
Untamed Science Video Clip
Next Unit: The Solar System
Learning Goals (Chapter 1 of Astronomy and Space Science)
The Student Will...
1. Understand that objects in space are viewed from our earthly perspective and will change appearance from other locations on earth and beyond.
2. Identify the eight phases of the moon and explain why they occur.
3. Diagram earth's seasons, showing the relationship of earth to the sun along earth's revolutionary path.
4. Define all associated vocabulary.
5. List key time lengths and dates associated with the relationship between earth, moon, and sun.
6. Compare the relationship between the terms: gravity, mass, weight, and inertia.
7. Describe the moons look, shape, size, temperature and direction it faces to earth.